Tuesday, September 27, 2016

I'm a writer, but that doesn't mean I'm perfect

I'm a writer. I wrote a book about zombies, but that doesn't make me or my writing perfect. I make typos. I misspell things in tweets. I don't use proper grammar and spelling in my blog. It doesn't bother me that I'm not perfect. I'm not trying to be. When I use my blog I'm normally writing about things that I care about, and when I'm tweeting it's mostly to have fun. I don't use spell check everyday and most of my blogs are short (as I'm sure this one will be), but that doesn't mean that I don't take my actual writing seriously. I think of writing as something that will be my career.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny, I just got done emailing an editor a correction I just noticed. Must have been the 15th draft of that story... There's something wrong with writers' body parts while editing. Our eyes try to protect the brain's conceit that the those impatient, pecking fingers are as much in love with the words as we are.
    Wow, that sentence came out good pretty... aw, shit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well sometimes it's hard to see our own errors, which is why we are supposed to take a break before editing. We are so excited when it's freshly written that we tend to overlook a lot of things. I like to use the time in between writing and editing as a time to work on something new.

      Delete