Tuesday, September 13, 2016

How 2015 killed my inspiration

Much like I imagine an artist does, I spent most of my life finding inspiration everywhere. I could watch a movie and get a completely unrelated idea simply because one of the characters had a red bike. It felt like I couldn't go anywhere without a notebook to jot down what inspired me, but now I don't feel the same. When I watch a movie it's always just a movie. I could even find inspiration in the worst movies. I used to have to pause youtube videos to write a scene in my novel or pull out my cell phone mid-conversation to write notes on whatever had inspired me. Now I don't do that anymore. In 2015 I had the misfortune of having my cell phone ripped from my hands whenever I took it out for any reason.  I think this ruined an aspect of note taking for me. I also had no time to write and all I did was watch movies and I didn't bother to look any deeper into the movies that I was watching. I also stopped reading, and my writing suffered as a result. I am always second and third guessing my grammar. It makes me sad that I can no longer hear a song on the radio and picture a character interacting with it. I honestly don't know how to get back to where I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment