Thursday, September 29, 2016

I realized that I can't take Supergirl or any other show/comic/game that does this seriously

I haven't watched Supergirl yet. I am actually very behind on the shows that I want to watch, but today I was scrolling through my newsfeed and I saw something that I just had to write about. Her arch enemy is Lex Luther's little sister. I haven't read the comics, so I don't know if she is one of the villains in the comic, or if she even actually exists, but I hate comics, tv shows, books, and video games that do that. It's almost like they are too lazy to make up their own villains, and I would have preferred that she just fight Lex. I don't see anything wrong with that, she's supposed to be a strong character so she should be able to take on anyone. I do realize that Supergirl was created the same way, but I feel like she's been around long enough that she is now her own character. It doesn't just bother me that they create a female version of a male character, but also when they create another version of the same character, like Subzero in Mortal Kombat, he's just the original Subzero's brother. Don't even get me started on Frost though. She was meant to be a female Subzero, they just gave her a slightly different storyline. I can excuse older video games, since they had no choice but to reskin some characters, which is why MK has so many ninjas. It just really annoys me when a character is created just for the sake of being the same character.

No comments:

Post a Comment