Monday, September 25, 2017

Book reviews

I've noticed something about myself recently, something I'd rather not admit to, but something that is part of me nonetheless. The thing I'm referring to is the fact that I am more likely to leave a negative rating than a positive one. It isn't because I don't like books, I'm not the angry book nerd (like the angry Nintendo nerd but for books), I just feel like when I don't enjoy something I am more likely to write about it. Why? Partly because it's boring to write about how much I love a book. Also, I find that I have more to say about something that I DID NOT enjoy. I feel like there are things that I can put my finger on that I didn't enjoy. I just have more to say about something that I did not like. I think most people are like that. If you have a negative experience at a restaurant you are more likely to go on and on about how a waitress spilled a drink on you and how the manager failed to do something about it. I also must admit that I am not good at writing reviews. I'm better at talking about something that I liked in a group of people who also read/watched/played. I want to write more reviews in the future (honest ones, I won't give a positive or negative for no reason). I know authors need reviews to bring in readers so I will try to set aside time in the future to write reviews (and take notes while I am reading the book, like I used to do).

No comments:

Post a Comment