Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Internet Trolls and Book Reviews

Today I got my first internet troll book review. How do I know Ms. Calinda Rosson is a troll? Because she her purchase isn't verified, she hasn't said a single thing about the book itself (which many reviews often do), she has just been negative. There was no value in anything she said. She also doesn't have any other book reviews up. I do have another book review up that's not verified, but that's because I gave away a handful of books. When I was first looking into the online publishing business I did look into negative reviews (to see the kind of feedback other authors were getting). It was clear that those reviews came from people who actually read the book, this one did not. It's easy to compare every zombie novel/tv show to the walking dead (which is what the poster did). I would have loved real, honest feedback. Even negative feedback. Anyway, not sure what the troll has against me, just thought that I should address it. Also, I did want to say that I know Zombie Bite isn't my best work. I wrote it while going through a very hard time. This is part of the reason it's taking me so long to get Hair of The Wolf out there. I want to make sure it's perfect. I want to make sure the grammar and spelling are decent and the story is amazing. Hair of The Wolf isn't even in the same genre as Zombie Bite. To be honest, I probably won't write any other horror stories. It's not the genre I set out to write and the only reason it's still in the Kindle store is because I think there will be some value in seeing how far I've come one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment