Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Long Ridge Writer's Group


I've seen a lot of blogs, articles, and comments on the internet about the long ridge writer's group. It's an online class that's supposed to earn you a few college credits. A lot of the reviews I've read say this school is a scam and to stay away from it. I don't know if that's true, but I would like to share my own experience with the school. I sent off for their test in 2009, and they told me that I had potential and sent me information about the school. They even showed me who my teacher would be. It was a romance author that I'd never heard of. I'm not sure how they picked her for me, but after taking the course they switched me to another teacher who had only written articles, not books. I enjoyed the class anyway. It wasn't like a regular class. The due dates weren't as strict. It worked for me, since I was working two jobs at the time. Do I think the classes actually helped me? Yes, they brought to my attention some things that I was doing wrong. The writer's group actually helped me more than the class I took at a community college, but I will go into that in another post. I do think there are better classes out there, but long ridge isn't all bad. Very few of the assignments were specific, most just included adding on to what was already written. I think the program did work for me, but it may not work for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment