Saturday, March 26, 2016

Weekend Review: Izombie season 1

I was so excited when I learned that the guy who created Veronica Mars (Rob Thomas) was making a zombie show. I remember making another post reviewing the trailer for the show, and with that being said, I thought that I would get to watch the show a lot sooner than I did, but it just so happened to come on during the time my ex boyfriend used to come home from work with a need to be fed. I thought that I would have time sometime after the first season to watch it on netflix, but that didn't happen until now. The show does remind me of Veronica Mars in many ways, a blonde who solves crimes. Even some of the clothing choices the characters make remind me of Veronica Mars. I always found myself wanting to raid Veronica Mars's closet, and now I want to raid Liv's. I do think Veronica Mars is the darker of the two shows, where Izombie still has some lightness to it. Izombie seems more upbeat and fun to watch, despite it being a murder of the week type show. After each episode of Izombie I found myself wishing for the next and I was disappointed after I'd watched them all. The only character that I don't like is Major. He just seems bland and boring, the kind of guy a girl like with goals like Liv's would have been attracted to, but it seems like the chemistry between the pair doesn't exist.

No comments:

Post a Comment