Sunday, September 7, 2014

Weekend Review: Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell

I'm trying to read more books that are outside of my comfort zone. I usually don't read romance, and that's what this is labeled as. Although, it does have some romance, that's not what I would label this. I'm not sure what I would label this. It's really a character driven novel. I've never really read a book that was character driven before. The main character is Cath, a social outcast with a popular twin sister. She has trouble making friends, and would prefer to lock herself in her dorm room than go out. I could relate to her in a lot of ways. People don't always treat her the best, and she's even drifting apart from her sister. She finds a guy she likes and he kisses another girl! Every lady has gone through similar things to what Cath went through in this novel. Cath is also obessed with Simon Snow, who is basically Harry Potter. There are inserts throughout the book of Cath's fan fictions and the from the "Simon Snow novels". I skipped over those, since I was more interested in Cath's story. This is a great book, I suggest it to anyone just starting college, or just going to a new college.






Four Out Of Five Stars

Buy The Book

No comments:

Post a Comment